Thursday, November 11, 2010

Let's Waltz!

One, two, three; One, two, three....... that is all I hear in my head during the never ending QuinceaƱera rehearsals I've attended over the past few weeks.

The event is for my friend's sister and I happen to be the Chamberlain (pronounced CHAM-BA-LON?) of Honor, go figure! I have to wear COMPLETELY WHITE.... keep in mind I am the only Chamberlain with pure white dress....

Also, we have TWO dances we're doing for the reception. Not that these dancers are by any means difficult but some people are slower learners than others and it seems that while some partners get the steps right away we are forced to do it again for everyone else. Maybe I just need to have some more patience, who knows!

So the first dance is the waltz and since I have to dance with the birthday girl, I also have a four foot diameter dress to deal with...... we'll see how that works. I find this dance incredibly easy and the hardest part is just moving in a circle and staying on count because whatever song was chosen for this dance has CRAZY HARD counts. It goes from six counts, to eight counts, to a three count....

The second dance is a Cumbia (sp?) and I really like it. We get to have more fun and individualize the dance for our experience level. We changed our solo up a bit tonight and I'm having more fun overall.

Tomorrow we have a rehearsal at the church then Saturday is the big day! Expect updates daily :) Maybe pictures? Who knows!

Why not comment your thoughts on my blog? Comment below and catch up with my daily happenings below!

One Geek,
Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment