Sunday, November 14, 2010

Goodbye 4-Day Weekend

This weekend was amazing, such a long weekend filled with so many great experiences. There was never a dull moment! Usually my weekends are pretty boring but this was a great exception.

Let's go into a Day-by-Day recap! Sound good?

THURSDAY (DAY 1)- Went to Disneyland which was awful. As many of you know I LOVE Disneyland but it can be the worst experience when it is crowded. Today is was one of the most crowded day I have ever seen at the parks. I feel bad for the people who go once a year and they go on a crowded day. Next we had dance practice at Ports of Call Restaurant and as you can read in a previous post, did very well.

FRIDAY (DAY 2)- Friday was a very fun day, and very calm as well. I stayed home for the first part then we had a rehearsal at the church for the entrance and exits. I also had a great dinner and dessert at The Counter and Yogurtland so make sure to read about that!

SATURDAY (DAY 3)- Yesterday was a one-of-a-kind day. It was a day I will cherish and remember for years to come. Being in a QuinceaƱera was a highlight that I will never forget. The cultural experience I took out of the ceremony was huge and I feel like I understand why these parties are such a big deal in the Mexican culture. Since I didn't write about my day in a dedicated post I'll write some right now.

I arrived at the house and my friend Angela was going to tag along with the court for the day.
We all left in a limo after being photographed and videotaped numerous times at the house. I soon realized that I would have to grow accustomed to this. We were photographed at least a thousand times throughout our journey and awkwardly stood waving to a video camera.

The church ceremony was very brief, to my surprise. We also had a great Laker themed limo which surprised the family that ordered it. I guess they didn't really ask for a Laker colored limo but that's what they got so we dealt.

The reception was absolutely beautiful. Every detail was amazing and refined. The cake was GORGEOUS. I would be satisfied if that was my wedding cake as it looked professional and tasted delicious.

At the end of the night I went home tired and grateful that I got to be a part of someones big day like that. Now onto TODAY!

SUNDAY (DAY 4)- Today I woke up and went home to do the dreaded homework that I have waited to do. I've done a little bit here and there but I decided to sit down and do the rest this morning. I'm taking a lunch/blog break right now and am currently watching SNL. On a side note, I am very excited by next week's SNL lineup which includes ANNE HATHAWAY and FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE! Two great artists that I cannot wait to see.

Tonight I have a pick up rehearsal for the play which I will try and blog about tonight but I can't promise anything, but you'll for sure get some sort of recap eventually!

One Geek,
Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment