Monday, February 15, 2010

You're SUCH A Beach

I really like my title :p

I just had to say that, well today I went to the beach with Lauren, Kristy, and Jackie. It was SUCH a nice day today, that I couldn't imagine staying home all day doing nothing. So we got there super early, yes 10:30 is SUPER early for me. So we get there and head down near Knob Hill and I am ready to set our stuff down right there. But what happens?

Yes, Kristy is SCARED of getting hit by the surfers in the water. I laughed so hard at that, she was very scared of that. I would say that must be one of her biggest fears ever. She went on to explain that surfers don't care about anyone in their way, and that it is YOUR fault if you get hit. Interesting theory there Kristy.

So we walk and walk, and I learned walking in sand burns a lot of calories. So we eventually set our stuff down after convincing Kristy that she would not get hit by surfers. So we were laying there and laying there waiting for Lauren. Then I get a call and she is lost, of course. So she eventually finds us and we all settle down.

So we are tanning (all except Lauren have NO sunscreen on, make note) and then we go in the water because according the Jackie, it makes you tan better. So we go into the very warm water ;] and Kristy goes under.... that was unexpected. Actually I shouldn't say WE, Lauren stayed out. So then we lay out longer and longer and longer, then Kristy and Jackie start laughing at the birds, if it was actually the birds I have no idea, but that was their story.

I think I then went into the water again, and Lauren came in this time, but she was sick so she didn't go ALL the way in. But that wasn't very exciting :/ Now we get back to laying down and I see Kristy and Jackie playing with a dead fly..... the blood stained Jackie's towel. It was pretty nasty.

I don't know how this next event started, but Kristy showed me these two older women squatting on the strand. So I look, and they are indeed squatting! So Kristy decides to go over there and do squats with them, but they stop before she gets there. That made me sad, UNTIL Kristy asks the women to squat with her. We all could not stop laughing. So she gets back and she said she just asked them, BUT the trainer lady was critical. She told Kristy she was not squatting correctly, which brings me to Rules to Squatting:

Rule #1: Your knees MAY NOT go in front of your toes while you are in the squatting position. No exceptions.

Rule #2: Never squat alone, you WILL look like a loner who has no friends who want to squat with them. No exceptions.

So these women were exercising for like TWO HOURS. It was amazing. At one point it looked like they were doing the Electric Slide. I LOL'ed.

So we go in the water again, of course. And Kristy says I am like Turkey John. I never heard of this guy before, but if you know him, good for you? Oh and I notice this tag hanging off of Kristy's bikini top and I told her because HOW EMBARRASSING to be walking around with a tag hanging out, right? But she was doing that on purpose.... apparently it shows her how tan she got over the day. But the tag is like right under her armpit, so it really has no purpose unless her armpit got some sun. She told me how much she fears having her armpit get burnt because she might not be able to put her arms down. I fear what goes on in her head everyday.

So we were supposed to leave at 1:45, so at 1:30 I decide to lay on my phone. I layed on it so it wouldn't get sand on it, don't judge. So it is like 1:50 and still NO CALL from my mom. Then I come to the conclusion my fat was blocking the service. And I guess it was because my mom kept calling me over and over and over again.

And Lauren was very calm over this whole day, but she was sick so I don't blame her. We collected mini seashells together which was fun, I liked it. I don't know what being at the beach LYING down makes you sooooo tired, but it does.

We get up and everyone HAD to comment on how sunburnt I was, but I told them I never get sunburnt. The irony is that I am not very sunburnt right now, but they are cringing in pain. MUAHAHA Kristy! So then we rush up the HUGE hill. Somehow we get on the topic that nobody could get up the hill if there was flood.... I don't even know why we talk about it. So we get in the car and head home. It was very eventful.

I hope my sunburns don't get worse overnight....

One Geek,
Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment