Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bad Ideas in a Ralph's Parking Lot

So I was sworn in today. It was anticlimactic.... as I predicted. My mom was excited though.... also.... as I predicted. Oh! And if you were wondering, I put my right hand up when I was sworn in. Question answered.

So everyone else who was there is pretty cool. It seems like this year will be fun and not hectic. It seems more of a party than a council (LIKELIKELIKE!) so that is a plus! Afterwards we went to Chipotle but of course I already ate..... sooooooo I went to get this strange drink at Coffee Bean.... It was some sort of iced tea latte which was good but still very strange.

Then we moved on and went to this shave ice place 10 minutes away but of course when we get there NOBODY had money. WHY WOULD YOU GO SOMEWHERE WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY TO DO ANYTHING!? But regardless, we had fun times galavanting through Ralph's. One person wanted to play walking freeze tag in the store. Let's just say that idea was quickly turned down. We pretty much awkwardly walked around the store for 15 minutes then left.... sketchy is you ask me. I'm surprised we didn't get a pat down from suspicion of theft!

Soooooo, we go out into the parking lot and stand there for another 30 minutes! We were trying to come up with ideas for fun activities but nothing good came out of this "brainstorming session". You can see them for yourselves:
1. Play "Sardines" in the empty parking lot (if you don't know what the game is, Google it!) This is dumb for many reasons. For example, where would we hide? Wouldn't it be obvious everyone gathering in an EMPTY parking lot!?
2. Play "Risk" all night at someone's house
3. Go see a movie.... first of all, NOBODY has money. So they suggested everyone go home, get money, then go to the theater.... that was basically ignored from the get go

So we just left! We have a meeting tomorrow so it's not really THAT bad. They'll come up with some sort of thing to do other than conspicuously standing in a parking lot all night..... hopefully.

CONGRATULATIONS! You got 2 blog posts in 1 day. I'm making up for my awful dry spell.

One Geek,
Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment